fbpx

Forum

Pocket

Notifications
Clear all

Susumu Takanabe's Men

Admin
Topic starter  

Takanabe Susumu kyoshi 7th dan Born in 1976 in Kumamoto Prefecture. Proceeded from PL Gakuen High School to University of Tsukuba, after graduation, appointed to Kanagawa Prefectural Police. National Police Team Championship victory 4 times · Individual victory 3 times, World Championship Team victory & 3rd place, All Japan Championship victory etc. Currently, Kanagawa Prefecture Police Tokuren Captain. Facing off after moving in half a step more When I apply seme myself, I do it with the intent of making them freeze. And then it becomes important how you create your striking distance. Concretely, I take half step in from my maximum striking distance, and am patient until our nakayui cross and break their posture from there. The point is to not rush into striking without being confident that you can hit. Since I started stepping in 1 extra step, I started thinking about all sorts of patience. When I was younger I used to strike with insufficient seme, perhaps because I was focused on striking from a far distance. I received debana kote and kaeshi do many times as a result. Since Miyazaki Sensei told me “you should make half a step more”, I try to make sure I…

Hi, thank you so much for translating these interviews. It is a bible for Kendo lovers 🙂 as you probably know.
So far I just watched the DVD´s from Kendo Jidai as my Japanese reading skills are neglectable....
One point for improvement: If you post an article on Facebook, I click on the Link, but can`t find a way to Log In. I always have to
change to the Homepage to search the Log On Link (where it is way down the Page as well).
Can you move it to the Top somehow ? Thanks !!

ReplyQuote

when he mentions taking a half a step forward, does he mean with just the right foot?

ReplyQuote
Share: