Forum

Pocket

Notifications
Clear all

Striving to clarify the aim of suburi  

RSS

Admin
01/12/2018 12:00 am  

Tani Katsuhiko has won the All Japan 8th Dan Tournament and won 2nd place twice. While time for keiko has been decreasing due to being busy at work, he worked on morning running and suburi. "I am conscious of the blade angle and tenouchi" says Tani, who explained about what he had learned and focussed on during continued practice of suburi. Contents 1. Strive to clarify the aim of suburi 2. How to train blade angles and tenouchi Tani Katsuhiko Kyoshi 8th dan Born in 1957, he is from Gunma prefecture. After graduating from Niijima Gakuen High School to Tsukuba University, he became a high school teacher in Gunma Prefecture. Major achievements include winning the 10th All Japan Selection 8th Dan Championship and two times runner up, participating in the All Japan Championships, winning National Teachers' Team Championship, and participating in the All Japan East - West Tournament. Retired from teaching as last year. Working hours decreasing the time for keiko Beginning morning runs and suburi Suburi are the basics of the basics in kendo, and I have continued to practice it from when I started learning kendo until today without pause. From when I started kendo to when I…

29/12/2018 8:28 am  

Hello, great article. Could you please explain suburi 3 and 8,9,10?
Kind regards,
Arnaldo Spicacci Minervini
Italy

ReplyQuote
Admin
29/12/2018 3:02 pm  

Thank you for your comment. We will publish rest of this article on January.

ReplyQuote
Share: