Forum

Pocket

Notifications
Clear all

Realizing a Dream (Christopher Yang)

Admin
Topic starter  
wpf-cross-image

The Road Less Traveled Part II Realizing a Dream I didn’t realize how challenging it would be, how much time and energy it would take to start our Plano Kendo Dojo.  I also didn’t know how much faith and courage would be required to take that initial step.  Almost a year and a half has passed since Plano Kendo Dojo opened in June 2018, but realizing my dream to start a dojo in Texas started many, many years before.   April 28, 2014.  That was the day I opened the news to see an article entitled “Bad news coming from Toyota in Torrance on Monday.”  I read further to learn that my company, Toyota North America, would be moving its entire North American headquarters from my hometown of Torrance, California to Plano, Texas within the next three years.  “Where is Plano, Texas?!?!”  Yes, that was the same reaction I had.  I remember going on Google Maps and searching ‘Plano, TX’ to figure out where exactly that was, and then, going on Google Street Maps to try to get a sense of what this new place was like.  I was born and raised in Torrance, California, and outside of a few years…

This topic was modified 12 months ago by mariko sato

Share: